Athlete of the month: Becca Krieger

Back to Article
Back to Article

Athlete of the month: Becca Krieger

By Kaylee Anstaett, Fairmont Life Editor

Congratulations to senior Becca Krieger on being named The Flyer athlete of the month. Krieger has been apart of the Fairmont swim team for all four years and has been a swimmer for 12 years. She wanted to become a swimmer because she loves the sport and the coach.

“Being involved in athletics has helped me with time management skills and helped me to work with other people as a team,” Krieger said.

Krieger is involved with many activities in school such as tennis, United Student Body, National Honor Society, Career Technology Allied Health program, as well as being in AP courses. Krieger says that swimming has made her more motivated to get homework finished and to maintain better grades.

“The advice I would give to other student athletes would be to put yourself first. If you need a mental break, it is okay to take time for yourself. There is too much pressure on kids to be great at everything,” Krieger said.

What is one goal you have for the rest of this season? I would like to finish this season with a time drop in my 200 free. I also want to make GWOC finals.

What has been your proudest moment as an athlete? In high school, I would say making podium at GWOC finals as a freshman. I was so proud to receive my first GWOC medal and represent my team.

What has been one of the most challenging things throughout your athletic career? I think staying confident would have to be the most challenging. Swimming is very mental and it is extremely easy to get in your own head.