Homecoming features New Orleans vibe

By Paqui Toscano, Academics/Administration Editor

On Friday, Sept. 18, Homecoming officially kicks off with Fairmont High School’s annual Homecoming football game. This year, the Firebirds take on Lebanon High School, and the game begins at 7:30 p.m. at Roush Field. Pregame festivities include the coronation of the Homecoming King and Queen, along with the presentation of the rest of the homecoming court. This year the Ladies of the Court are Mia Balsamo, Holly Carey, Ali Chabut, Bethany Cushman, Emily Miller, Christina Olgiate and Kendall Young. The Gentleman of the Court are Joe Bucaro, Brendon Cunningham, Mike Herman, Alex Lilley, Ryan Rice, Bobby Symes and Ben Victor.

The night after the football game, Sept. 19, the USB Cabinet is hosting a Mardi Gras-themed Homecoming Dance from 8 to 11 p.m. in Trent Arena. Tickets are $15 per person and $30 for a couple and can be purchased in the Commons during lunch starting Monday, Sept. 14.

However, a ticket alone will not be enough to be admitted to the dance. Students will also need to present their student IDs. Middle school students are not permitted at the high school’s Homecoming Dance. It’s also worth mentioning that for those students who want to bring a student from another school (only one is allowed), the student must fill out a form prior to purchasing tickets. A form can be picked up from the Activities office.