Muse Machine seeking new members for 2012-2013

By Dakota Miller, Staff Writer

The Fairmont chapter of the Muse Machine is now accepting applications for new members this year. Applicants must register online this year at www.musemachine.com under the student tab. A fee of $25 will be due at the time of registration, although payment may be made to Rebecca Templeton-Owens in room 317 or online through PayPal. Checks should be written to Kettering City Schools. A limited number of scholarships are available to students. See Darren McGarvey in Room 130 for a scholarship form.

This year’s in-school performances include Michael Kelsey on Sept. 13, “Time Signature: music of the 1960’s” on Nov. 9, “The Magic of Movies: Science” on Jan. 22 and “Hamlet: Fishmongers and Lunatics” on March 14.

Individual show tickets are available for purchase, including performances by the Human Race Theatre, the Dayton Ballet’s performance of Cinderella, Dreamgirls at the Schuster Center and more.

Package deals are also available for purchase. The two packages include The Addams Family Musical on March 7, the Muse Musical on Jan. 9 and The Nutcracker ballet on Dec. 15 for $60, or the Shrek musical on Jan. 24, the Muse musical on Jan. 9 and The Nutcracker on Dec. 15 for $65. The Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra will be performing the score during The Nutcracker.

For more information on Muse Machine, contact Rebecca Templeton-Owens in Room 317 or at  rebecca.templeton-ow.ketteringschools.org