Class council banquet highlights successes

At the Class Council Banquet on Sunday, May 15, 2011 the New and Old USB stand on the stage.

Photo: Dani Schaaf

By Dani Schaaf, Chief Photographer

The Class Council Award banquet was held on May 15 in the auditorium. Class Council advisers Joe Amstutz, Jillian Kelsey, Rebecca Gentry and Jenny Richardson all spoke of their class council’s accomplishments and memories throughout the year and United Student Body Adviser Jenny Borchers discussed student leadership and some of the successes of this year’s USB. Former USB President Spencer Kerivan gave his last speech to all class council and USB members about the class councils’ and United Student Body’s accomplishments and newly elected President Monica Wagner gave her inaugural address.

All of the former USB officials and new ones were in the audience. This year Fairmont students elected Monica Wagner as USB president, Pasquale Toscano as vice president, Anna Smith as secretary and Melanie West as treasurer. Other positions include Justin Kihn as commissioner of spirit, Jeff Bruns as commissioner of elections, Lexi Fannin as commissioner of communications, Alyson Miller as commissioner of public relations, Madison Koebke as commissioner of social events and Jessica Wuensch as commissioner of special projects.