Students are ready for a ‘Night in the Jungle’ at homecoming

Photo: Christian Davell

The King and Queen of Homecoming at the Football Game

By Christian Davell, Staff Writer

Homecoming weekend is approaching and most Fairmont students need information to plan their fun-filled weekend. The homecoming football game against the Piqua Indians will kick off the weekend on Sept.  24, The next night, students can start boogying down at the “Night in the Jungle” Homecoming Dance from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tickets for the dance will go on sale Sept. 15. The tickets cost $15 for individuals and $30 for couples.

Kaitlin Pickrel, USB’s Commissioner of Social, is in charge of the dance. She is working hard to make this dance special for the whole school. “There is going to be a D.J. and he is going to have a lot of cool effects to go along with the theme. All of the popular songs that are on the top charts will be playing,” Pickrel said. “I thought it would be fun to decorate and it had never been done before,”she said.

Voting began Sept. 22 in sophmore, junior, and senior advisories to elect the King and Queen from the Homecoming Court. Male students on the court are Kyle Chambers, Chris Fettig, Charlie Jones, Kevin LaVoy, Ben Matheson, Austin Mefford, Victor Scarpelli. The girls are Maddy Brahm, Kelly Hart, Amy Hartmann, Kaydee Miller, Missy Moore, Kaitlin Pickrel, and Katana Williams. The King and Queen will be annouced on Sept. 25 during half time at the game.