Gleeks get set for sure-to-be-entertaining fourth season

Photo: Fox Entertainment

"Glee" fans are psyched for the fourth season of the Fox series.

By Rachel Sheidler, Staff Writer

OK, I’ll confess, I’m a gleek. I have never missed an episode since Glee aired back in 2009 and have practically all of their songs on repeat. I’ve laughed, I’ve cried, and I’ve even found myself screaming at the television from time to time. Now, with the fourth season set to premiere on FOX at 9 p.m. on Sept. 13, 2012, I couldn’t be more stoked.

Glee follows a group of high school misfits in a show choir club, adding witty humor and juicy drama along the way.  Gleeks around the world have fallen in love with the dynamic characters and their personalities. Rachel Barry, played by Lea Michele, is the star of the show choir and can sometimes come off as conceited. Finn Hudson, played by Cory Monteith, is portrayed as the jock football star with a secretive emotional side.  Brittany Pierce, played by Heather Morris, is the ditzy, yet lovable blond. Kurt Hummel, played by Chris Colfer, depicts what in my opinion is the funniest character on the show, the homosexual fashionista.

With the plethora of characters with different interests, religions, races and disabilities, there is sure to be at least one character you relate to.

Glee season three ended with some of the glee club members graduating and the rest staying behind to finish their high school career. In season four, the show will flip back and forth between last year’s graduating class and this year’s, and the director of the show, Ryan Murphy, has confirmed that the regular cast and crew will be returning.  However, many new characters will be added throughout the season.  Some guest appearances on the show will include Sarah Jessica Parker, Kate Hudson, Dean Geyer and Jacob Artist.

Now of course, what would Glee be without its spin on famous cover songs?  Glee has performed countless hit songs in the past, including songs from Brittany Spears, Michael Jackson, Madonna, The Beatles and Lady Gaga.  They’ve already covered so many famous icons from the past and present, which begs the question: what will they be singing in the upcoming season?

According to tvfanatic.com, the glee club will be taking on the ever-so-popular hit song Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen, along with teenage heart-throb Justin Bieber’s song Boyfriend.  Other upcoming songs include those from artists including Jennifer Lopez, Demi Lovato, and more of the pop star sensation, Brittany Spears.

One thing is for sure, this season is sure to be filled with surprises.  Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go clear my Thursday night schedule.