Right Side of the Tree brings a party to your ears

By Justin Miles, Entertainment Editor

For the past several months, I have been searching for a new band to listen to. I wanted something different that few people listen to; I wanted a band that would actually sound like how I truly felt. When I found House Party by Right Side of the Tree, I knew I had found my band.

Right Side of the Tree (RST) has a different sound to it, and as soon as I heard the song Drunk on a Tuesday – Uncut, I fell in love with them. It is by far their best song and may be one of the greatest acoustic songs I have heard in years; this song speaks to me and gives me a great vibe. As far as singles go, this acoustic song is one of the few out there that I can put on repeat and relax to the melody.

The songs Welcome 2 Life and Live it Up are two great songs that show that RST isn’t just a one-hit wonder, and also that they can be diverse. It balances out their best song well, by showing a different side to them. These songs definitely help you to get pumped up and put you in a great mood.

As far as the other songs on the album go, most of the songs are hit or miss. For instance, Party Like Robots is, for lack of a better word, stupid. The lyrics are dreary and dull and the beat is too simple to enjoy. Not to mention, the song is meaningless and actually gets on my nerves.

The only problem with House Party is that every song reminds me of every other song. I would have liked the album to have been a little more varied. Now obviously, if you are at a house party, this is the perfect CD to blast through your stereo. But for those of us who like to listen to music in our cars or just to relax to, the album leaves a lot to be desired.

I wouldn’t say the album is worth the 10 dollars you’d have to spend for every song, but if you get on iTunes or any mp3 downloading site and get some of RST’s best tracks for around three dollars, you’ll find a fresh sound that you will definitely enjoy. RST could possibly be one of the best bands I’ve ever heard, but their lack of consistency shows that they aren’t there yet. Hopefully, in the future, they’ll find their niche and not try to stretch their reach and produce “party” songs.

One Response to “Right Side of the Tree brings a party to your ears”

1. Matty Pizzlet on February 27th, 2010 1:38 am

Thanks for the feedback, bro. We appreciate all the support as well. Check out our first album The Novo Project. It might be more of the RST you love on that album. It’s more car-friendly. Thanks again, bro, for taking the time to do your write-up on us. We will keep all the feedback in mind as well. CHEERS.