Relient K rocks Christmas Day

By Justin Miles, Entertainment Editor

4.5stars

It’s Christmastime again and that means one thing: Christmas music will be playing 24 hours a day everywhere. But instead of listening to the same old classic songs, you may feel the need to listen to something a little more contemporary. If that’s the case, consider Let It Snow Baby … Let It Reindeer, Relient K’s Christmas album that debuted in 2007, had a re-release in 2008, and is still selling strong.

Relient K formed more than 11 years ago as a Christian band, but still are changing the music scene, especially when it comes to holiday music. When you’re struggling to get in the spirit and you’re acting like a giant Scrooge, this CD will surely have you looking for Santa Clause on Christmas Eve because it’s filled with revamped Christmas classics and new hits.

The songs range from moving melodic tunes like I Hate Christmas Parties to cheerful more upbeat songs including Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas. The album is capped off with a diverse Sleigh Ride that begins slowly and gets more cheerful as the song goes on, as well as a majestic rendition of Silver Bells. If you buy the album on iTunes, it includes the heartwarming music video of Sleigh Ride that follows a young guy trying to get the attention of a girl on Christmas Eve.

This album is perfect for any Christmas party or gathering and will certainly go good with putting up a Christmas tree. So, go pick out your favorite Christmas movie, curl up with a cup of hot chocolate, and put in Relient K’s CD to enjoy the season; after all, the holidays come but once a year.

One Response to “Relient K rocks Christmas Day”

1. Matt Metzler on November 23rd, 2009 7:31 pm

I love this CD. I Hate Christmas Parties is one of the best depressing holiday songs ever.

Relient K rocks Christmas Day