Pitt makes ‘Inglourious’ glorious

By Justin Miles, Entertainment Editor

4.5stars

There’s nothing inglorious about the new movie Inglourious Basterds. I’ve never seen a movie with such a creative plot, such huge twists, such amazing acting … and Brad Pitt.

Director Quentin Tarantino molded and shaped this movie into one of the greatest of its genre of all time; but Basterds includes so many different genres, it’s hard to choose a specific one. Including the action, the humor, the weird romance, the drama and even the historical fiction aspect, the movie touches on everything that makes the movie so dynamic.

To be honest, Inglourious Basterds wasn’t what I expected at all. I was hoping that the movie would just be Pitt fighting the Nazis and totally winning World War II all by himself. But what I got was a great cast, each contributing a huge amount to the credibility of the movie and overall performance.

The movie follows Lt. Aldo Raine (Pitt) and Shosanna Dreyfus (Mélanie Laurent) in their separate escapades of killing Germans, which inevitably ends up as the same plan. At the same time, Nazi Col. Hans Landa (Christopher Waltz) is ingeniously looking to carry out his own plans and foil Raine and his accomplices, which gives way to some very dramatic twists. Since it is an action movie, it does have some gruesome scenes and even some very melancholy scenes, but Tarantino ties everything together incredibly well.

Whether Pitt has you laughing your butt off, the action is making your adrenaline pump, or Tarantino’s plot is knocking your socks off, this movie will amaze you. If you think you can make it through some intense gore in the movie, I highly recommend Inglourious Basterds.