Girls’ Varsity Soccer finishes season at 6-9-2

The+Fairmont+Girls%27+Varsity+Soccer+team+huddles+up+before+their+game+%28Photo+By%3A+Alona+Skipper%29.+

Photo: Alona Skipper

The Fairmont Girls’ Varsity Soccer team huddles up before their game (Photo By: Alona Skipper).

By Alona Skipper, Staff Writer

The Fairmont Girls’ Varsity Soccer Team lost a hard-fought game against Xenia,  2-1, to finish the season with a record of 6-9-2.

“We may not have had all the outcomes we wanted,” said junior Hannah Rouse. “But as a whole it was my favorite season because we had no drama within the team. We truly loved each other and had everyone’s back.”

The leaders of this team are optimistic for the future. “It was the most enjoyable and successful season of my four years here,” said senior Savannah Renshaw. “I’m confident in the underclassmen for the future, and we the seniors definitely left this program better than we found it.”

The girls’ team had players recognized as follows: senior Justine Miller and sophomore Harper Luczka were named to the First Team GWOC; sophomore Sarah Grossman was named to the Second Team GWOC; and sophomore Olivia Seaman received a GWOC Special Mention.

The team awards for the 2012 season were: Most Improved: Maddie Renshaw; Most Valuable: Harper Luczka; Sportsmanship: Jessica Gould; and Coaches Award: Riley Whisenhunt.