Kravitz’ ‘Greatest Hits’ still sound good

By Brandon Wiles, Business Manager

4stars

The talented musician Lenny Kravitz released Greatest Hits in 2000. However, this music sensation is still producing and touring on his music even today. But my favorite album is by far Greatest Hits. Of course, it has all of his good songs on it.

What makes Lenny’s Greatest Hits album stand out as my favorite Lenny Kravitz album and one of my favorite albums of all time is the song Again. Again was a previously-unreleased song and appears only on his Greatest Hits album. The first time I heard this song, when I was 8 years old, I fell in love with it. It made me think of somebody special that had not seen since I was a kid and made me wonder if I would ever see them again.

Although Again is a great song, there are many more great hits on this triple platinum album. Some of his other major hits include Are You Gonna Go My Way, Fly Away, Rock and Roll is Dead, It Ain’t Over Til’ It’s Over, American Woman, Stand By My Woman, and Let Love Rule.

Lenny Kravitz is a very talented musician and I am looking forward to hearing his upcoming album Negrophili, set for release in late 2010.  I would give Greatest Hits five stars, but it makes me mad that he has released many great songs after this album that aren’t on it, so I give it four stars.  Some day, I hope I have the pleasure of seeing him live.